Canada Lodge and Lake in Cardiff has gained a reputation as one of Wales’ most sought-after coarse fishing venues and provides great sport for anglers of all levels.
What is Coarse Fishing
With coarse fishing you try to catch fish in freshwater rather than in the sea. The fish are put back in the water instead of taking them for food.
Set in the tranquil surroundings of an alpine-style woodland, the well-stocked, five-acre lake is abundant in wildlife and tranquillity to help you escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Open to the public every day, all year round, the stocked lake homes predominately Carp and offers options of catch and release at very competitive rates and is perfect for anglers of all levels.
Coarse fish can be tempted by all kinds of baits both natural or artificial.
Tariffs and Times
- Catch and release 4 hrs – £12
- Catch and release 8 hrs – £20
- No bait to be used at all
- Barbless hooks at all times
- Fish to be kept in the water at all times
- If a fish swallows a hook, the fish must be killed and paid for
- No boobies, lures, wagglers or line bait
- Please take all litter home with you
- No dogs or radios
- No fishing near accommodation whilst in use
Benefits of Coarse Fishing
It is important to remember that fishing keeps you fit both mentally and physically especially when you catch some of the huge carp or pike you can find in our waters.
It engages the shoulders, back, arms, core and legs to provide an active workout. Fundamentally, it’s a whole body work out without the drama of going to the gym in addition to a mental decompression